Tax law is a complex, highly specialized practice area. Only a select group of attorneys have the educational background, along with the in-depth knowledge of how the IRS and state tax authorities function, necessary to build successful practices in taxation. A proven resource for people and small businesses throughout greater Chicago, tax lawyer Demetrius J. Karos has those credentials.
Trying to avoid or stall the IRS or the Illinois Department of Revenue — or tackling a major liability or another problem on your own — can have financially crippling consequences. Relying on nonattorneys and media-focused tax negotiation companies that make broad, bold promises could be a critical mistake. Why take these risks when you can get reliable, results-driven guidance from a long-standing tax lawyer who will lay it on the line for you?
Addressing Personal And Business Tax Debt · Counsel, Appeals And Litigation
At Demetrius J. Karos, Ltd., tax law is the central focus. Mr. Karos is a CPA who earned invaluable experience working for the IRS during law school. He also holds a Master of Science in taxation (M.S. in taxation), and he has taught tax courses and amassed high-level business experience during his wide-ranging 20-plus-year professional career. Our firm is exceptionally equipped to assist clients with:
- Preparation and negotiation of IRS offers in compromise when circumstances enable the settling of a large tax debt for less than the total amount
- Negotiation of installment agreements and payment plans for those who need time to pay substantial tax debts
- Audits, appeals and tax litigation — Assertively seeking to resolve serious tax controversies by the most efficient, effective paths available
- Removal and avoidance of tax liens and levies
- Issues related to unpaid trust fund taxes, sometimes withheld from payroll but not remitted to the IRS by financially strained business owners
- Serious concerns involving unfiled tax returns, including strategies for getting current and avoiding crippling penalties and interest or even criminal prosecution
Offices In Frankfort And Naperville: A Tax Controversy Lawyer And Adviser You Can Trust
Whether your situation calls for straightforward financial guidance and skilled advocacy in negotiations or, ultimately, taking your case to tax court, you can turn to our firm with confidence. The sooner you contact us for a personal, discreet consultation, the sooner we can put a strategy in motion to get you back on track. Call 800-465-6208.